December 12, 2012

WIP Wednesday - December 12, 2012

Holy shit that was a LOT of custom knits! But, I'm finally done! And since Mr. Social and I are currently rearranging everything in our home, I can't sew. Which means my Thurlows remain unfinished *grumble grumble*

But you know what I can do when I have a few spare minutes? I can knit! And since I've been unselfishly knitting for weeks, it's time to knit something for me!


Can you guess what that is? No, it's not a Jayne hat.

Gorramit, this is the happiest sweater I have ever knit!

Why is this the happiest sweater I ever knit? Well, that's simple. It's the brightest sweater I ever knit. You see, I tend to wear a lot of black. And more black. And sometimes even grey. In an attempt to change up my wardrobe and throw myself way out of my comfort zone, I took a bunch of leftover yarn that was supposed to be for Jayne hats and decided to use it for a sweater.

Wow, my mirror is dirty
The pattern is a variation of Buttony Sweater by Katie Marcus. I've had my eye on this sweater for a while now but socks and hats always seemed to get in the way. But I decided I didn't ant a cardi, so instead I've turned it into a henley. I love that the button band is off to the side instead of down the centre. Makes it moer interesting, n'est-ce pas?

The body of this sweater went so fast. Like, I cranked it out in about 3 days fast. Sometimes I forget how fast things knit up in a bulky yarn go. I'm running dangerously low on the yellow yarn though, so I may need to get just a wee bit more to finish off the sleeves. I can't wait for this to be finished!

Check out more WIPs (and share your own!) with Tami's Amis

5 comments:

  1. Your sweater looks great! And I love selfish knitting:) It's the best:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've knitted a few bright sweaters myself lately. It sure is a cheer-up to wear bright sweaters during the dark saison. :-) Although mine have long sleeves because it is freeeeeeeezzzzzzzziiiiiiinnnnnggg here. Have a nice week. Regula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sweater will end up having sleeves once I'm finished. I just haven't determined the length yet :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, those stripes are fantastic! How are you liking the Thurlow pattern so far? I've been curious to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the Thurlows so far! I just wish I didn't have to let them fall by the wayside when everything else cropped up. I'm looking forward to Sunday when the work is officially all done (I'm hosting a party Saturday) so I can get back to sewing!

      Delete