November 7, 2012

Spinning for a BFF, Take Two

I have more yarn! And it's even prettier than the last!


For this yarn, I again used 2 different fibres, both from Hilltop Cloud. The colourways I used this time were Emerald City (British Shetland Wool, Merino, Tussah Silk, Black (Gold) Bamboo) and Punk (Merino Wool, Alpaca, Tussah Silk and Mulberry Silk with added sparkle).


LOVE how this yarn turned out! As usual, you can't see it in the pics, but there's a healthy amount of sparkle in it, and the pink just pops! I spun it up a little bit thick and thin again to add just a little more interest to the yarn (as if it needs any more).

But, just like the last time, I didn't end up with enough yardage! Still aiming for 360 yards, I ended up with 158. WTF?!?! That's less than the last spin! Granted, there was also less fibre for this spin, using 2 fibres at 100g each, instead of 110g/115g. C'est la vie. That just means I'll have to spin again!


Does anyone else out there have plans to knit up a special BFF cowl of their own?

1 comment:

  1. I have plans for a BFF too.... hmmmm... lol.

    The yarn is making me all kinds of happy! Keep spinning, good woman!

    ReplyDelete