November 5, 2012

Spinning for a BFF, Take One

Not long ago, my dear friend Pacasha, who I've known after meeting on Ravelry (her blog can be found here), asked my if I'd knit the BFF cowl with her. I was so honoured that she asked me! So of course, I jumped at the chance!

The BFF cowl is kind of like those best friend necklaces that were all the rage in the early 90s, where you kept one half and your BFF kept the other, except in this case, you knit one half and your BFF knits the other, and you each end up with a scarf! Pretty neat, huh?

Anyhoo, after much hemming and hawing over my ridiculous yarn stash, I decided I should spin up a yarn to use for these scarves, as it'd make it extra special and much more one of a kind.


I started with some handpainted Alpaca top from Spunky Eclectic (in the Diet Coke colourway) and some Merino/Seacell/Baby Camel spinning fibre from Hilltop Cloud (in the Scarlett colourway) and went to town. Since this scarf is going to be extra special, I was so glad I picked out some of the more luxurious fibres in my stash. I spun it up a little more than slightly thick and thin, as that always yields my favourite results, and ended up with gorgeous results.



It's crazy soft, and the colours are perfect, and despite the fact that it wasn't picked up in the picture, has the perfect amount of sparkle mixed in. The problem? I need at least 360 yards and ended up with 168.

Boo!



Not enough yardage means I need to spin again! I'm diving back into the fibre stash and will report back with the results soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment