October 11, 2012

Embarking on yet another adventure/challenge

I can't count how many times I've been browsing clothes in shops and caught myself thinking (or saying aloud) "I can make that". And usually after trying things on and finding them ill fitting or of poor quality, that statement is followed by "I can do a better job too". Occasionally, I do just that. I go home, pull out some fabric, and voila! A few hours/days and lots of scotch and swearing later I have a new garment. Sometimes even a whole outfit. So, this got me thinking, I'm already doing a Fashion on the Ration challenge, why not step it up and go on a RTW fast as well?




I will be joining Linda of Goodbye Valentino and many others in swearing off buying RTW clothing in favour of making our own. We wll be refraining from buying all outerwear, dresses, tops, pants, shorts, sweaters, coats, exercise clothes, jeans, and well, you get the idea. If you' like to join us, click here for info :)

3 comments:

  1. Well, I'm not a fantastic seamstress- but I think I can join you anyway!

    Maybe it will be a year long 'don't buy any clothes or shoes' thing for me. without as much sewing as you do... lol.

    Regardless, you have my support! You are fabulous and always do a better job- it is nice when the inner voice speaks the TRUTH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady!

      I think I've officially lost my mind though. I didn't even think about it until after I signed up that my wedding falls within the calendar year. *gulp* I guess this means I HAVE to make my wedding dress...

      Delete
  2. Andi, I think you'll find a year of making and not buying your clothes will be life changing! Good luck and I'm glad you've joined the page.

    ReplyDelete