September 26, 2012

My First Sew-Along!

We interrupt the regularly scheduled WIP Wednesday post with some exciting for me, but maybe less so for you, news:

I'm going to be participating in my first ever sew-along!


Okay, okay, you are probably asking yourself why I'm excited about this. After all, I've participated in lots of knit-alongs before, why would a sew-along be exciting? Well, as evidenced in my posts, I have yet to post something I've sewn for me...what's up with that?? Well, as I have yet to procure myself a tripod, I must rely on other people to get pics for me. This means I have to doll myself up and find someone to help me take pics on the same time. Sometimes this happens, but when I'm all prettied up it usually means we go somewhere, like a patio, and well....lose track of time. But since I'll be doing a sew-along, I'll have to get pics to share! Perhaps I should get Mr. Social to get behind the camera instead of me always taking ridiculous pics of him all the time.

Case in point...
Anyhoo, on to the sew-along! I will be joining Lauren of LLadybird and many others in making a pair of Thurlow trousers by Sewaholic.


I've been meaning to try out a Sewaholic pattern sooner rather than later, so this is the perfect excuse!

In my attempt to stick to the Fashion on the Ration challenge I have set for myself, I'm aiming to use fabric from my stash for this. I haven't selected it just yet, as i don't even have the pattern yet! I'll be ordering the pattern on Friday and I'm hoping it arrives while we're away on holiday so I can get started on fabric selection when I get back, and maybe even have time to whip up a muslin before the October 29 start date.

Seriously, any excuse to sew lately is a good one for me!

Happy Hump Day, y'all!

5 comments:

  1. I love those pants! Have found a distributor here so shipping is reduced...oh dear..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember the last time I wore shorts, but those are cute! The pants look pretty cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much of a shorts person either, but maybe that will change once I reach my weightloss/fitness goal :) The trousers will be awesome though. Maybe the shorts with tights....Hmmmm

      Delete
  3. Hi there
    You won the tape measure giveaway on my blog - if you email me your postal address to kestrelmail[at]gmail.com I'll get it sent to you
    K

    ReplyDelete