September 28, 2012

FO Friday - September 28, 2012

Today, I'm super excited! Why, you ask? Well, this very evening I will be winging my way to Portugal for the first time ever!!! Jealous?

Of course you are.


I actually feel like I've been on vacation all week, despite having to work, because I pretty much haven't been home except to sleep since last Friday. No joke. Between celebratory nights out and a concert this week has been jam packed. So I'm crazy tired, which could work well in my favour, as normally I can't sleep on airplanes, so I'm hoping I can catch a few zzzz's while on the red-eye.

Totally worth it
Today's FO was actually finished back on September 11, but had a big lazy when it came taking pics of it. This tends to be the trend for my projects lately it seems. At least this one was worth the wait. I've whipped up another triangle scarf, this time using a lovely yarn from Yarn Lust. Sadly for me, it seems she's been taking a break from dyeing, as I'd love to get more of her scrumptious yarn for my stash. I only have 2 skeins left from her. Sad face.

Not so sad is how pretty this scarf turned out!


 I just love how the linen stitch breaks up the colour pooling.


And check out that stellar picot edging. Love, love, love it!

The only negative thing I have to say about this scarf is the name of the colourway of the yarn. It's called Twilight. I prefer to think it's so named for the colour of the sky at twilight, rather than for the books/movies about those sparkly vampires. Ahem...VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE.

Anyway, I'm excited to see who this scarf ends up with, as I didn't knit it with me in mind. I just knit it to knit it.

Happy Friday, darlings!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I've been knitting things for whoever they seem right to go to lately. And I still need to finish up the Craft it Forward stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete