July 10, 2012

Tour de Fleece: Week One Roundup

June 30 marked the first day of the Tour de Fleece, an annual spin-along during the Tour de France. They spin, we spin, it's a real spinning themed spin-along.

While I haven't watched any of the race (we don't have cable), I have done a fair bit of spinning for it. Here's the yarn I have completed so far:

This yarn was on the bobbins and needed to be cleared before the race began

I started this the day before TdF began, but finished it up during TdF
Then I moved on to a British Massam Wool, Merino, Alpaca, Tussah Silk, and sparkle blend
Some Doctor Who themed BFL was next
And finally, some of the softest merino ever!!
I have another one that is currently drying and awaiting it's photo shoot, but it will have to wait for it's debut next week.

2 comments:

  1. Goodness Gracious, Woman! It's all so beautiful...makes me wish I still had my wheel but it hurt my back so bad. I should just break down & buy a new drop spindle. Super inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was awful grammar.
    Lol

    ReplyDelete