February 21, 2012

The First Day of Spring....Sorta

We haven't had much of a winter this year. A few days of snow, a few days of "real" cold (I define real cold as under -5°C/23°F), mostly just grey and wet. Normally, I really enjoy winter, I love the snow and the crispness of the air. I feel like I've been robbed of that this year, and for the first time that I can remember, I am looking forward to spring.

What makes me really sad is that this year we will miss out on one of the first signs of spring approaching, crocuses peeking out from the snow.

Well, Hello there!


Since I probably won't get to see that this year, I have spun up a yarn inspired by the first spring crocuses. It's called "The First Day of Spring".



A lovely blend of Merino/Nylon, Falkland, Angelina, and Mohair, this yarn almost makes up for the lack of seasonal progression.

I'll leave you all with another First Day of Spring (by the Gandharvas) for your enjoyment.



3 comments:

  1. Oooh; I sure like that yarn you spun up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yarn looks nice, but I'm one that's thrilled we've had a less severe winter then normal. Still, I think it's been plenty cold, colder then I like and I can't wait til spring comes. The crocuses haven't popped up yet around here, might be in a month or so?

    ReplyDelete